Sunday, June 24, 2007

Your Conference Speaker

Hi Everybody! I'm Rebecca, and I'm going to be the conference speaker at the Girl of Worth conference! I believe that God has given me a message for girls your age, and I promise to present the truths He has taught me in a way that is exciting, empowering, and attention-getting!

I've written several books, including two Bible studies for teen girls. I love showing girls how really fascinating God's Word is! I didn't even realize that God's Word had a message for me personally until I was around 16 years old. That's when a friend of mine got a new Bible and she was showing it to me.

We were on a youth retreat in the Great Smoky Mountains in East Tennessee. We were actually sitting on a huge flat rock in the middle of a cold water creek in Cades' Cove. She pulled out her new Bible and we opened it to the Book of Psalms (that book is right in the middle of the Bible). My friend's Bible was written in a modern translation called the Good News Bible. As we began reading together, God's Word spoke straight to my heart in a language I could understand! It was incredible! It was so powerful! God was really talking to me through this wonderful book!

I got my parents to get me a new Bible just like my friend's. Ever since then, I've never stopped discovering new things--every day--in God's Word. It will be my privilege to share some of this "good news" with you on August 25th in Auburn, KY. I hope you will join me--I promise you will enjoy this conference!

No comments: