Sunday, August 26, 2007

SPECIAL THANKS

"I thank my God in all my remembrance of you, always offering prayer with joy in my every prayer for you all in view of your participation in the Gospel from the first day until now. For I am confident of this very thing, that He who began a good work in you will perfect it until the day of Christ Jesus. For it is only right for me to feel this way about you all, because I have you in my heart. . ."

I would like to say a personal thanks to some very special people who made the Girl of Worth conference possible. First, the conference coordinator, Mrs. Melody Gidcumb. This woman is a spiritual dynamo! I will be forever thankful to the Lord that He allowed our paths to cross. I received an email from Melody on February 28, that began like this:

My name is Melody Gidcumb, and I live in Auburn, KY. I believe God is calling for a pre-teen conference, and I believe He has led me to you.

Melody and I began corresponding and soon God allowed us to meet. Most of the time I think we just stood by in amazement as God's plan unfolded! How thankful we both were to be allowed to be a part of such an incredible outreach to girls--girls, we soon found, who were just like we were at that age!

Mrs. Julia Stamps served as the conference co-coordinator. Julia, I think, can be best described as "grace under pressure." Her presence is simply calming. She is joyful and loving, and she is just the kind of "go to" person that you need when it comes to administrating an event like this. Whether we were dealing with pastors, powerpoint, or prayer, Julia's spirit was one filled with grace and dignity.

Ladies, from that very first meeting and that time of prayer that we shared together, I have been overwhelmed by your love for God and your passion for His Love to be received and recognized by a generation of girls who simply don't have a chance without knowing HIM! Thank you, and may God bless you richly for laying down your lives over the past six months.

Also, to Bro. Kenny Chyle and Liberty Baptist Church--you are an incredible, inspiring pastor and church family! From the very beginning, you made it clear that this conference was about what God wanted to do, and you simply offered your facility and your people to make it happen. You sacrificed time, finances, and resources for girls that you did not even know. You are a living example of what true Christianity is all about. Thank you, Church! You stepped up to the plate and hit it out of the park! Only God knows the many lives changed by your hearts joining Melody's and Julia's in obedience to God.


1 comment:

Nancy said...

I posted about the conference too, but it's only a start! http://www.homeschoolblogger.com/nancysnook/380299/

Nancy